How to quiet noise from tires? In this article, you will quickly learn to know what is the best soundproofing method for tires?
What Causes Tire Noise?
1. The Main Reasons
Tire noise can come from many causes. But most of them come from the material and the tread pattern. When the car is going fast, the air will move into the tire grooves and be compressed down the road surface.
When these grooves are no longer compressed, the air will bounce off and make a noisy sound. The more complex the tire construction, the louder the noise. Tires with lugs and blocks will cause more noise than tires with longitudinal veins.
However, it depends on the road that the car often moves to choose the right tire. For example, pickup trucks often run on bad roads. So, you can choose tires with aggressive, thorny flower codes. In contrast to sedans that run a lot in the city, choose tires with smoother design to create smoothness and reduce noise.
In addition, some other causes of tire noise that you may encounter are unbalanced tires, underinflated tires, tires that are not rotating, unevenly worn tires.
2. Noise-Cancellation Tires
In addition, tires with maximum speed and high load capacity will often be much stiffer than other types of tires. It is this that causes a loud noise when cars move on the road. Currently, there are common types of tires that form specific noises:
- The lug-type thread is suitable for rough, unpaved, and slow-moving roads. The manufacturers composed it of grooves that extend to the edge of the tire. This tire is ideal for heavy-duty trucks because of its ability to generate great traction. However, the lower lateral drag causes a lot of noise. So, this tire is only suitable for vehicles traveling on rough roads.
- The longitudinally ribbed tread is suitable for asphalt and high-speed running. It comes with many grooves that minimize rolling resistance, sliding port of the tire and provides a better driving feeling. This tire can reduce the noise emitted from the lug flower.
- The combination of longitudinal ribs and lungs reduces lateral slip. They increase drive and braking performance. This tire can run on both asphalt and rough roads.
- The block type comes with independent blocks and is suitable for snow roads. This tread reduces long slips on muddy and snow-covered tracks. However, it will wear faster than longitudinal ribs and lungs, especially when traveling on a hard surface.
- The one-way tread will be toward rotation with horizontal grooves to increase water drainage. It is the perfect type used on wet road surfaces to help the car run more stable.
What to Do with Tire Noise?
The noise from the tires and the sound coming from the car horn are the reasons that make us feel extremely uncomfortable every time we move outside. Currently, noise-canceling services are the best solution. It proves that the demand for using this method is constantly increasing.
Everybody does not want to be distracted by these mixed sounds. Implementing noise cancellation from tires will bring a lot of conveniences. Just block out the amount of sound from outside to inside the car effectively to help you feel more comfortable when sitting in the car.
It also contributes to creating a private space, helping the music to be played more fully. If you want to travel on the road every day without being affected by these mixed sounds, then quickly implement soundproofing against the noise from the tires.
How to Effectively Block Noise from Tires?
Are you looking for effective soundproofing for your car? Now there are many ways you can accomplish your goal.
- Soundproof stickers for the surface of the car (Soundproof your car doors)
- Buy tires that are noise-proof
- Use tires that match the road surface
- Tires are filled with air
- Rotate and balance your tires regularly every 5000 to 8000 miles
- Drive at a slower speed
Currently, the most effective and convenient way for you to prevent noise from tires is soundproofing. At the moment, there are many quality tire noise plates. For example, the tire cavity noise-canceling plate has sound waves. It can help you soundproof and soundproof the car to achieve the highest efficiency.
How to Choose the Best Tires?
When buying noise-canceling tires, you need to pay attention to choosing the best noise-canceling car tire brands. Because the speed limit of the running track is only 90km/h, the road surface quality is not high and convex. So, consumers will choose quiet tires with low noise. However, you need to consider which tires that can suit your car?
For pickup trucks that often travel on bad roads (pickup), choose tires with aggressive and thorny flower codes. In contrast, sedans that run a lot in urban areas, choose tires with a smoother design to enjoy the smoothness and love of driving. Using wide tires has the advantage of helping the vehicle to grip the road during acceleration or braking.
However, they cause more noise because of the large friction surface, making the sound of rubber slapping on the road surface easily penetrate the cockpit. On the market today, there are many brands of noise-canceling and smooth car tires such as Bridgestone (Japan), Michelin (France), Pirelli (Italy), and Continental (Germany).
One of the biggest causes of noise from auto parts comes from tires. The choice of car tires that are smooth and reduce noise is always a concern of many customers. Therefore, finding a good noise-canceling car tire will help you have a smoother operating experience. We hope you can find an ideal solution with our help.
I’m Ivo Gievski, the content writer for Tireer. We built our website with over 15 years of experience and extensive research in the automotive and technology sectors. My dedication to delivering high-quality content is unwavering, and I strive to continuously hone my skills to stay ahead of industry trends and provide readers with informative, engaging, and valuable insights.